Copeland Furniture : Career Oppertunities
Engineer: Wood Products Industrial – Copeland Furniture, Bradford, VT:
- Plan and establish a sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization;
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities;
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control;
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computers;
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs;
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards;
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities;
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization;
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status; and
- Apply statistical methods and performing mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Wood Science Engineering or closely related field. One and half years experience working in a furniture manufacturing environment utilizing lean manufacturing techniques.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Store Manager – Copeland Furniture Company Store, Bradford, VT:
Seeking an Assistant Store Manager to assist the Store Manager with the day-to-day operation of the store.
The ideal candidate for the position of Assistant Manager of the Copeland Furniture Company Store will have:
- Previous retail management experience
- High-end consumer goods sales experience
- Proven sales performance
- Customer service skills
- Excellent computer proficiency and familiarity with all Microsoft Office, Access, Data/Content and Website Management, Email Marketing and Social Media
- Leadership skills and the ability and inclination to work as a 'team-player'
- Strong proficiency with written English so as to be able to effectively communicate by email and letter in a business environment
The position will entail assisting the Manager with:
- Comprehensive customer service: In store, phone and through email
- High-End Furniture Sales, order entry and co-ordination, product inventory, data entry, mailing lists, email marketing, website management, social media, sale event preparation, and product display
- After-sales service
- In store operations: Assistance in daily maintenance and upkeep of the store including pricing and signage
- Advertising and events planning
- Traffic development including local, regional and designers
- Public Relations
- Some furniture lifting will be required.
This is a full-time position including Saturdays and some holidays.
Email resumes to: email@example.com